Torch Technologies Wins the 2015 North Alabama Better Business Bureau Torch Award
Torch Technologies has been awarded the coveted North Alabama Better Business Bureau’s Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics in the Government Contractor category for 2015.
Presented annually, the BBB Torch Award honors businesses that demonstrate exceedingly high standards of behavior toward customers, employees, suppliers, shareholders and communities; adherence to truthful and honorable advertising and sales practices; and an earned reputation for noteworthy contributions to their industries and the communities in which they do business.
The Torch Award is designed to promote not only the importance of ethical business practices, but the willingness and efforts made by outstanding businesses to ensure that our country’s marketplace remains fair and honorable for all Americans.
Candidates for the Torch Award were evaluated by an independent panel of judges from the business and academic community against the following criteria:
- High ethical standards of behavior toward customers, suppliers, shareholders, employees, and communities in which they do business;
- Demonstrated ethical practices surrounding their buyer/seller relationships;
- Longstanding history/reputation of ethical practices in the marketplace (minimum 3 years in business);
- Marketing, advertising, communications, and sales practices which reflect a true representation of what is being offered in the marketplace;
- Acknowledgment of ethical marketplace practices by industry peers and in the communities where they do business;
- Ethics policies that are effectively communicated to employees;
- Ethics policies that are designed to give long-term value to shareholders, customers, etc.
- Training programs that assist employees in carrying out established ethics policies.
Torch Technologies is the only company to be a three-time recipient of the Torch Award, having also won this award in the Mid-size Company category in 2005 and the Large-size Company category in 2009.