Torch Technologies Named One of the Best Small Companies in America by Forbes
Torch Technologies, a 100% employee-owned technology services and solutions company, headquartered in Huntsville, has been named one of the Best Small Companies in America for 2016 by Forbes. Torch was one of 25 companies selected, and the only Alabama based company named to the list. Forbes selected the Best Small Companies in America based on nominations and the specific criteria listed below:
- The company has been acknowledged as outstanding by those who know the industry best.
- The company has had the opportunity to grow much faster but its leaders decided to focus on being great rather than just big.
- The company has been recognized for its contributions to its community and to society.
- The company has maintained its financial health for at least ten years by having a sound business model, a strong balance sheet, and steady profit margins.
- The company is privately owned and closely held.
- The company is human-scale, and frontline employees have real interaction with top leaders.
Forbes contributor and author of Small Giants Bo Burlingham explained, “There is one other factor. It’s what I refer to as mojo, the business equivalent of charisma… When a company has mojo, you want to be connected with it. You want to buy from it, sell to it, work for it… It’s hard to define, but you know it when you see it.”
Torch CEO Bill Roark stated, “Torch was founded with a focus on service to our customer, service to our community, and ultimately, a focus on the ethical treatment and service to our company’s employee-owners. I am incredibly proud of the dedication and loyalty of our employee-owners, as they are the reason we have received this honor as a Best Small Company in America.”